Dear Faithful, Friends & Community
A refurbishment of Mission House & a development on this corner is being proposed, and therefore:
Holy Cross Orthodox Mission
will close its doors
on Sunday, the 7th February 2016
and the last official service will be on Sunday, the 31st January 2016.
Mother Esther of the Sisters of the Holy Name, opened the Mission House doors for all the Orthodox Christians to worship as one Body, and the FIRST DIVINE LITURGY was celebrated here in 1894.
We invite everyone to join us in thanking our benefactors, ISPT, for their gracious, overwhelming generosity, who opened the Mission House doors in 2003, for the Orthodox Church to return here once again in the CBD, to perform the monastic cycle of Services and assist those in need.
We don’t know where we are to go as yet, but our trust is in the Lord, who has been present with us here for the last 13 years. We are looking for a home; once we are given a direction, we will let everyone know.
May the Holy Spirit be present with each one of you who found joy and solace in our Holy Mission.
The Community of Holy Cross Australian Orthodox Mission.